Posted: 8th July 2011 | Tags: Project Assignment | Category: Voice Picking Roll Out Project
- Job Title – Implementation Team Lead
- Business Area - Leading UK Supermarket Chain
This role included managing a team of implementation specialists. The role also involved managing the roll out of a Voice Picking solution, across the companies DC network. A total of 16 sites have been implemented and gone live since April 2009. I have also managed several business improvement projects, within the Logistics arena.
Main responsibilities within Wm Morrisons:
- Manage a team of implementation specialists
- Define and deliver standard working practices to harness system benefits in like for like operations.
- Develop a standard introductory package highlighting the main system and process benefits and requirements ref. Positive site on-boarding.
- Develop the plans with site specific timelines to provide a map to successful implementation, ensuring delivery, inclusive of third party management as necessary e.g. racking labels / signage.
- Develop W/H conversion checklist and plans inclusive of all conversion factors to deliver effective implementation and support at each site, inclusive of effective physical process flows, signage requirements & site specific system configurational requirements.
- Deliver the site specific plans to each site & gain buy in & relevant site commitment (resource / communications).
- Set-up the training environment & deliver standard User Acceptance Tests.
- Support the super users & operation, imbuing the new working practices at all levels … assessment of success must include eradication of old processes i.e. ‘old habits’.
- Weekly update report on training progress, physical site readiness, IT status, issues, risks & dependencies.
- Develop post implementation evaluation criteria, to highlight key learnings & necessary changes required going forward, also providing measured feedback to celebrate success.
- Gain sign off from senior site management & super users with regard to the success / failure of the implementation utilising a developed score card. Any site issues must be resolved or clearly logged / escalated as part of this assessment.