Posted: 8th October 2014 | Tags: Project Assignment | Category: Assignments Projects
- Job Title – Program Manager - Pharmaceuticals Windows Upgrade
- Business Area - Pharmaceuticals – Coventry
This role of Global Program Manager involves managing a Windows 7 upgrade roll out project.
Managing this team involves splitting my time between Coventry and Stuttgart in Germany. Travel to other European Business Units was also a pre-requisite of this roll out project as we progressed through the roll out plan.
Main Responsibilities with client business:
- Manage the project / program to the standards defined. Lead, motivate, develop and coach the team to deliver project goals and colleagues objectives, managing the performance of the project / program team. Execute high-level project planning, participation in the creation and agreement of business cases, development of the project charter and gaining approval to proceed.
- Ensuring that the delivery of outputs from the projects meets program requirements and is to the appropriate quality, on-time and within budget.
- Manage a team of 9 Project Managers across 12 European Countries.
- Plan and design the project / program and proactively monitor its overall progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to the project /program teams.
- Define and communicate clearly the roles and responsibilities of each member of the project / program from the Sponsor downwards in an international context.
- Managing the efficient allocation of resources and skills within the program.
- Lead, motivate, develop and coach the team to deliver project goals and colleagues objectives, managing the performance of the project / program team.